Master Printer Services
At Shoestring Press, we believe in close collaborative work between artist and printer and finding simple solutions to complex problems.
Master Printer services are available to artists to produce fine art print editions working one-on-one with MP Lane Sell, or those who seek assistance with ambitious and experimental print processes. Media used run the gamut from all traditional print media we use at the shop—silkscreen, intaglio/etching, woodcut, linocut, and lithography—to digital printing, as well as devising new techniques. While each project has different demands, master printer work is generally billed hourly. Shoestring prides itself on making printmaking services affordable to artists at all stages in their careers, and master printer rates are no exception.
Digital master printing services working with our digital master printer, and additional assistance from one of our dedicated print techs in woodcut, silkscreen, and lithography is also available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire and to discuss your project.
About the master printer
LANE SELL, founder and owner of Shoestring Press, is a graduate of Columbia University, where he studied Classics and Visual Art. He has instructed at Columbia and New Jersey City University, and for the past six years has run Shoestring Press in Brooklyn, working with artists and members as well as instructing classes in a variety of print mediums. In 2013 and 2014, his silkscreen work won grants from Brooklyn Arts Council.
Past projects have included:
- Graffiti art stencils directly translated into silkscreen print editions
- Translating intricate paper cuts and crocheted doilies into screenprint editions, shot as photograms
- Working with artists to create monoprints in non-conventional media, including using natural plant dyes crushed in the printing press
- Replicating original poster artwork
- Relief print editions using non-traditional materias such as lasercut plexi and chipboard