Master Printer Services
Shoestring MP Lane Sell works with artists to produce fine art print editions, or is available to work one-on-one with those completing ambitious and experimental print processes.
At Shoestring Press, we believe in close collaborative work between artist and printer and finding simple solutions to complex problems. Media used run the gamut from all traditional print media we use at the shop—silkscreen, intaglio/etching, woodcut, linocut, and lithography—to digital printing, as well as devising new techniques.
While each project has different demands, master printer work is generally billed hourly. Shoestring prides itself on making printmaking services affordable to artists at all stages in their careers, and master printer rates are no exception.
Digital master printing services working with our digital master printer, and additional assistance from one of our dedicated print techs in woodcut, silkscreen, and lithography is also available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire and to discuss your project.
Past projects have included:
- Editions of silkscreened halftone photographs on muslin
- Four-process prints using photolithography, collograph, silkscreen and relief
- Translating intricate paper cuts and crocheted doilies into screenprint editions, shot as photograms
- Monoprints in non-conventional media, including natural plant dyes crushed in the printing press
- Replicating original poster artwork
- Relief print editions using non-traditional materias such as lasercut plexi and chipboard