Shoestring Press is currently accepting new printmaking members!
Our primary mission is to provide affordable, accessible work space for artists in Crown Heights and the greater Brooklyn area. Among the things that make a membership at Shoestring different is that membership includes most materials, such as the use of silkscreens, ink, newsprint, tarlatan and other consumables. While most of our members are printmakers working in silkscreen printing, intaglio/etching, relief printing and lithography, we've also welcomed digital artists, interdisciplinary artists, and writers into the Shoestring community.
A monthly printmaking membership is $195, and includes most materials and access to six days a week of shop open hours. With a six-month commitment, membership is discounted to $180 per month.
Sign up in person at the shop, or send us an email at email@example.com
The benefits of printmaking membership include:
- Access to six days a week of shop open hours
- Use of all printing equipment (etching/intaglio, silkscreen, lithography, woodcut/linocut relief printing), and most supplies, including ink and silkscreens.
- We keep silkscreens coated and ready for member use, and clear them when members are done.
- Members are responsible for their own paper and consumables such as copper plates and wood for block printing.
- Your own drawer for flat storage at the shop
- Member discount rates on large-format digital printing, including low rates to print transparencies for screenprinting
Want to join, but feeling a little rusty on your printmaking skills or need to learn new techniques? Consider joining as a Tutorial Member before transitioning to a full membership.
Day Rates for Printmaking Space Rental
Shoestring Press has daily rates available at the MP's discretion, to those with a short-term project and extensive printmaking experience. $85 per day ($65 for workshop alumni) includes ink, screens, basic supplies, use of all equipment, and some technical orientation as needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about availability—we reserve the right to use our discretion as to which projects are feasible in the day rate format.